Personal Data Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data Subject Data subject (or ‘User’, ‘student’, ‘teacher’, or ‘individual’) is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by Code Avengers.
Processing Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third Party Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject and Code Avengers, who, under the direct authority of the Code Avengers, are authorized to process personal data.
Consent Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
2. Name and Address of Code AvengersOnline Education Limited DBA Code Avengers
39 Newcastle Rd
United States Headquarters:
1831 12th Avenue South, #283
Nashville, TN 37203
3. Information We CollectAccount Information When you create an account (either student or teacher) you enter your name, email address, and password. For teachers, you will be asked to provide information about your school so that we can verify you are a real teacher. For students, your account may also be authenticated by your teacher. We don’t ask students to enter any other personal information to create their student accounts. No student account information is made available or visible to the general public through the functionality of our Service.
General Information When using general data and information, Code Avengers does not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to: (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
Therefore, Code Avengers analyzes anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
Information Collected Automatically The website of Code Avengers collects a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be: (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
Registration on our website Any individual user has the possibility to register on our website with the indication of personal data. Which personal data are transmitted to us is determined by the respective input mask used for the registration. The personal data entered by the individual user is collected and stored exclusively for internal use by Code Avengers.
This data is not passed on to third parties unless there is a statutory obligation to pass on the data, or if the transfer serves the aim of criminal prosecution.
The registration of the user, with the voluntary indication of personal data, is intended to enable Code Avengers to offer the user contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. Registered persons are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to have them completely deleted from the data stock of Code Avengers.
Code Avengers shall, at any time, provide information upon request to each user as to what personal data are stored about the user. In addition, Code Avengers shall correct or erase personal data at the request or indication of the user, insofar as there are no statutory storage obligations. The entirety of Code Avenger’s employees are available to the user in this respect as contact persons.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
4. Children Under the Age of 13Because some of our users may be interested in it, we have included some information below related to the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect Personal Information from a child under 13 where the that student’s school, district, and/or teacher has agreed (via the terms described in the Terms of Service) to obtain parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose Personal Information to us. A parent or guardian may sign up his or her child for Code Avengers Services and provide Personal Information about that child to us. However, no child under 13 may send us any Personal Information unless he or she has signed up through his or her school, district or teacher and such school, district or teacher has obtained parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose Personal Information to us. If you are a student under 13, please do not send any Personal Information to us if your school, district, and/or teacher has not obtained this prior consent from your parent or guardian, and please do not send any Personal Information other than what we request from you in connection with the Services. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a student under 13 without parental consent from his or her parent or guardian or obtained by his or her school, district, and/or teacher, or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a student under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Who can Access Your InformationWe do not sell or rent your Personal Information to any third party for any purpose, including advertising or marketing. We do not allow any advertising on our services.
We restrict access to your information to Code Avengers employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual security standards and confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Account information, coursework and grading, as well as student programs and projects can be accessed by the student who created them and his or her teacher. All users of the Code Avengers website must abide by the Terms of Service, which include obligations about interacting with other users.
We may also disclose your Personal Information: to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; to ensure site security, or to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Code Avengers, our customers, or others; and to a state or local educational agency, including schools and school districts, for K-12 school purposes, as permitted by state or federal law.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
6. How We Protect and Secure Your Information Your Code Avengers account is protected by a password. You can help us protect against unauthorized access to your account by keeping your password secret at all times. The security of your personal information is important to us. We work hard to protect our community, and we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure of or access to personal information. In particular: Our engineering team is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure. We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We continually develop and implement features to keep your personal information safe. We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption. We disassociate student accounts two weeks after a course is complete, described in the "How We Store and Delete Your Information” section.
Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% immune, and we can’t guarantee the security of information. Outages, cyber-attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that you can take appropriate protective steps; for example, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.codeavengers.com) or elsewhere on the Service. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
7. How we store and delete your informationWe store your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, including those described above. Personal information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services, in which case we will delete prior to you deleting your account.
Please note that we may have to retain some information after your account is closed, to comply with legal obligations, to protect the safety and security of our community or our Service, or to prevent abuse of our Terms.
We keep teacher personal information until it is deleted, or until we no longer need it to provide you with the Code Avengers service. We only keep student personal information for as long as the student’s account is active, unless we are required by law to retain it, or need it to protect the safety of our users. More specifically, we collect minimal information from students and disassociate student accounts two weeks after a service agreement is completed.
9. California Privacy Disclosures
Do Not Track: Code Avengers does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. For more information on “do not track”, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org. Basically, we do not track our users over time across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and thus do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
10. Subscription to our newslettersCode Avengers informs its customers and business partners regularly by means of a newsletter about enterprise offers. The enterprise's newsletter may only be received by the data subject if (1) the data subject has a valid e-mail address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter shipping. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address registered by a data subject for the first time for newsletter shipping, for legal reasons, in the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation email is used to prove whether the owner of the e-mail address as the data subject is authorized to receive the newsletter. On the website of Code Avengers, users are given the opportunity to subscribe to our enterprise's newsletter. The input mask used for this purpose determines what personal data are transmitted, as well as when the newsletter is ordered from the controller.
During the registration for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to understand the (possible) misuse of the e-mail address of a data subject at a later date, and it therefore serves the aim of the legal protection of the controller.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. In addition, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by email, as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question, as this could be the case in the event of modifications to the newsletter offer, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the data subject at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the data subject has given for shipping the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly on the website of the controller, or to communicate this to the controller in a different way.
11. Newsletter-TrackingSuch personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analyzed by Code Avengers in order to optimize the shipping of the newsletter, as well as to adapt the content of future newsletters even better to the interests of the data subject. These personal data will not be passed on to third parties. Data subjects are at any time entitled to revoke the respective separate declaration of consent issued by means of the double-opt-in procedure. After a revocation, these personal data will be deleted by the controller. Code Avengers automatically regards a withdrawal from the receipt of the newsletter as a revocation.
The newsletter of Code Avengers contains so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such emails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, Code Avengers may see if and when an email was opened by a data subject, and which links in the email were called up by data subjects.
12. Contact Possibility via the WebsiteThe website of Code Avengers contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our enterprise, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to Code Avengers are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
13. Comments Function in the Blog on the WebsiteIf a data subject leaves a comment on the blog published on this website, the comments made by the data subject are also stored and published, as well as information on the date of the commentary and on the user's (pseudonym) chosen by the data subject. In addition, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) to the data subject is also logged. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons, and in case the data subject violates the rights of third parties, or posts illegal content through a given comment. The storage of these personal data is, therefore, in the own interest of Code Avengers, so that they can exculpate in the event of an infringement. This collected personal data will not be passed to third parties, unless such a transfer is required by law or serves the aim of the defense of Code Avengers.
Code Avengers offers users the possibility to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions on a blog, which is on the website of the controller. A blog is a web-based, publicly-accessible portal, through which one or more people called bloggers or web-bloggers may post articles or write down thoughts in so-called blog posts. Blog Posts may usually be commented by third parties.
14. Rights of Our UsersRight of access Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Code Avengers free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information.
Right of confirmation Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Code Avengers the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of Code Avengers.
Right to rectification Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from Code Avengers without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten) Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from Code Avengers the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and Code Avengers shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary.
An employee of Code Avengers will arrange the necessary measures in individual cases.
Right of restriction of processing Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from Code Avengers restriction of processing where one of the following applies: The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling Code Avengers to verify the accuracy of the personal data. The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests restriction of their use instead. Code Avengers no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met, and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by Code Avengers, he or she may at any time contact any employee of Code Avengers. The employee of Code Avengers will arrange the restriction of the processing.
Right to data portability Each data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which was provided to Code Avengers, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her by Code Avengers for scientific or historical research purposes.
15. Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google Analytics (with anonymization function)The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
On this website, Code Avengers has integrated the component of Google Analytics (with the anonymizer function). Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, among other things, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://policies.google.com/privacy and http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.
16. Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google+The operating company of Google+ is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, UNITED STATES.
On this website, Code Avengers has integrated the Google+ button as a component. Google+ is a so-called social network. A social network is a social meeting place on the Internet, an online community, which usually allows users to communicate with each other and interact in a virtual space. A social network may serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences, or enable the Internet community to provide personal or business-related information. Google+ allows users of the social network to include the creation of private profiles, upload photos and network through friend requests.
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this website, which is operated by the controller and on which a Google+ button has been integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject automatically downloads a display of the corresponding Google+ button of Google through the respective Google+ button component. During the course of this technical procedure, Google is made aware of what specific subpage of our website was visited by the data subject. More detailed information about Google+ is available under https://developers.google.com/+/. If the data subject is logged in at the same time to Google+, Google recognizes with each call-up to our website by the data subject and for the entire duration of his or her stay on our Internet site, which specific sub-pages of our Internet page were visited by the data subject. This information is collected through the Google+ button and Google matches this with the respective Google+ account associated with the data subject.
If the data subject clicks on the Google+ button integrated on our website and thus gives a Google+ 1 recommendation, then Google assigns this information to the personal Google+ user account of the data subject and stores the personal data. Google stores the Google+ 1 recommendation of the data subject, making it publicly available in accordance with the terms and conditions accepted by the data subject in this regard. Subsequently, a Google+ 1 recommendation given by the data subject on this website together with other personal data, such as the Google+ account name used by the data subject and the stored photo, is stored and processed on other Google services, such as search-engine results of the Google search engine, the Google account of the data subject or in other places, e.g. on Internet pages, or in relation to advertisements. Google is also able to link the visit to this website with other personal data stored on Google. Google further records this personal information with the purpose of improving or optimizing the various Google services.
Through the Google+ button, Google receives information that the data subject visited our website, if the data subject at the time of the call-up to our website is logged in to Google+. This occurs regardless of whether the data subject clicks or doesn’t click on the Google+ button.
If the data subject does not wish to transmit personal data to Google, he or she may prevent such transmission by logging out of his Google+ account before calling up our website.
Further information and the data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://policies.google.com/privacy. More references from Google about the Google+ 1 button may be obtained under https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy.
17. Payment Method - PayPalData protection provisions about the use of PayPal as a payment processor 2211 North First Street San Jose, California 95131
On its website, Code Avengers has integrated components of PayPal. PayPal is an online payment service provider. Payments are processed via so-called PayPal accounts, which represent virtual private or business accounts. PayPal is also able to process virtual payments through credit cards when a user does not have a PayPal account. A PayPal account is managed via an e-mail address, which is why there are no classic account numbers. PayPal makes it possible to trigger online payments to third parties or to receive payments. PayPal also accepts trustee functions and offers buyer protection services.
If the data subject chooses "PayPal" as the payment option in the online shop during the ordering process, we automatically transmit the data of the data subject to PayPal. By selecting this payment option, the data subject agrees to the transfer of personal data required for payment processing. The personal data transmitted to PayPal is usually first name, last name, address, email address, IP address, telephone number, mobile phone number, or other data necessary for payment processing. The processing of the purchase contract also requires such personal data, which are in connection with the respective order.
The transmission of the data is aimed at payment processing and fraud prevention. Code Avengers will transfer personal data to PayPal, in particular, if a legitimate interest in the transmission is given. The personal data exchanged between PayPal and the controller for the processing of the data will be transmitted by PayPal to economic credit agencies. This transmission is intended for identity and creditworthiness checks.
PayPal will, if necessary, pass on personal data to affiliates and service providers or subcontractors to the extent that this is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations or for data to be processed in the order. The data subject has the possibility to revoke consent for the handling of personal data at any time from PayPal. A revocation shall not have any effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted in accordance with (contractual) payment processing. The applicable data protection provisions of PayPal may be retrieved under: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- new file
- upload media
Find & replace Ctrl+F+F